Gocta Waterfall Tour Full Day All Inclusive
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the door of your hotel in Chachapoyas (or Cocachimba) at 8.30 in the morning.
- Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes (Full Day).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation throughout the tour.
- Tickets included (no lines): All entrance tickets are included.
- Tour guide: Professional guide during the tour.
- Feeding Lunch included in a tourist restaurant.
- Tourist attractions to visit Cocachimba Community, Gocta Waterfall.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Peru. The Gocta Waterfall tour offers an amazing all-inclusive experience, with hotel pickup, complete tourist transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, and tourist lunch. The service begins at 8:30 in the morning in the city of Chachapoyas and ends at 5 in the afternoon with the return to the same city in the Peruvian jungle. The Gocta Falls offer a waterfall of 771 meters. To get to the waterfall there is a hiking route through wonderful landscapes. It is a memorable landscape in the high jungle of Peru.
This is the experience
- The Gocta Full Day Waterfall tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor at their accommodation in the city of Chachapoyas at 8:30 in the morning – optionally pick-up in the community near the waterfall they chose. The trip leads to the community of Cocachimba where the hike to Gocta, the third highest waterfall in Peru, begins. The walk is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes – through sections of ascent, descent and flat paths. At the foot of the waterfall the visitor will see a beautiful landscape. On the way back, we take a break in Cocachimba for lunch at a tourist restaurant. The tour ends with return transfer to your hotel at 5 p.m..
- The ‘Gocta Waterfall Full Day’ tour offers a visit to the third highest waterfall in Peru with a drop of 771 meters. It is located in the Amazon region, in the northern jungle of Peru, a beautiful landscape surrounded by lots of vegetation.
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city of Chachapoyas -at approximately 8:30 in the morning-. The group will board a tourist transport that will take them 42 kilometers from Chachapoyas to Cocachimba.
- In the community of Cocachimba we will get ready to begin the walk to the waterfall. It is recommended to bring appropriate shoes, a rain poncho, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, snacks, a rehydrating drink and everything you think is necessary in a comfortable backpack.
- The walk lasts approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. The sections are downhill, uphill and along flat routes. Optionally not included in the tour, the visitor can rent horses on the same site.
- During the walk the visitor will be able to enjoy beautiful landscapes, as well as the abundant flora and fauna of the place. With luck you will be able to see the cock-of-the-rock, recognized as the national bird of Peru. Plus, with good fortune, you may see or hear hummingbirds, the yellow-tailed woolly monkey, exotic birds, and more.
- Once at the Gocta waterfall viewpoint, the visitor will be able to get spectacular photos of one of the most famous landscapes in Peru. Optionally, you can get even closer, very close to the foot of the waterfall.
- After taking beautiful photographs and an amazing experience, it’s time to make the return journey. This is for the same leg outward (duration of approximately 2 hours). Then, in the town of Cocachimba, it’s time to enjoy a delicious lunch at a tourist restaurant.
- The tour includes the company of a professional tour guide. At the end the tourist transportation will take you back to the city of Chachapoyas (at the door of your hotel) where the adventure ends at approximately 5 in the afternoon.
- Pick up from the door of the hotel in the city of Chachapoyas at 8.30 in the morning.
- Tourist transportation service for the entire tour.
- Professional tour guide service.
- Admission ticket to the Gocta waterfall.
- Return to the door of your hotel in the city of Chachapoyas.
- Lunch in tourist restaurant.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
- Horse transport.
What to bring?
- Appropriate clothing for humid tropical climate and for the trek: resistant shoes, thick socks, polo shirt, cap.
- Hat (or cap) to protect yourself from the sun.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photographic camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Cash (for purchases of snacks, drinks or souvenirs).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour begins with the tourist being picked up from the door of their hotel in Chachapoyas at 8:30 in the morning. Pick-up can also be at your hotel in the community near the waterfall.
- The tour ends with the tourist returning to the door of the hotel in Chachapoyas at 5:30 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The Gocta waterfall is located at approximately 2,400 meters above sea level. At this altitude it is not common to experience symptoms of altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Gocta Waterfall Tour Full Day All Inclusive in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is Gocta Falls? Why visit it?
Gocta is the third highest waterfall in Peru with approximately 700 meters high on two levels. It is located in the Amazon region in the northern jungle of Peru. It is famous for its scenic beauty, as well as flora and fauna such as the cock-of-the-rock, the national bird of Peru.
How much does the entrance to Gocta waterfall cost? Is it included in the tour?
The price of the entrance ticket to the Gocta waterfall is 10 Peruvian soles. This ticket is already included in the tour.
What does the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour include?
The tour includes pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city of Chachapoyas. In addition, it includes complete tourist transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, and lunch at a tourist restaurant.
How to cancel the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour?
To cancel the tour you just have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The penalty is 25% of the value of the tour (refund of 75% of the total amount paid). The last deadline to send the email is 5 days before the start of the tour.
Can I change the date of the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour?
Yes, to change the date of the tour you just have to send an email to email@example.com. The penalty for changing the date (you can also change the name of the tour holders) is 10% of the tour value. The last deadline to send the email is 5 days before the start of the tour.
How can I make payment for the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour?
You can make payment for the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour in the payment form on the Machupicchu Terra website. The payment methods are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
What is the hike to the Gocta waterfall like?
The walk to the Gocta waterfall lasts approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. The sections are downhill, uphill and along flat routes. Along the way you can see abundant vegetation and, if you are lucky, exotic birds such as the cock-of-the-rock. Optionally not included in the tour, the visitor can rent horses on the same site.
When is the most recommended date to take the Gocta Waterfall Full Day tour?
The Gocta waterfall can be visited throughout the year. However, the best time to visit is from May to November, in the dry season. From December to March rains are more frequent.