Uros – Amantani Tour in Puno Full Day
About this tour
- Start: At approximately 7:30 a.m.
- Duration: Full Day (10 hours).
- Type of transport: Tourist vehicle and tourist motor boat.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Titicaca lake, Uros islands, Amantani island.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide (in Spanish or English).
- Feeding: Tourist lunch in Amantani restaurant.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Children under 5 years old do not pay an entrance ticket.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the highest navigable lake in the world. Lake Titicaca covers an area of 8,372 square kilometers where inhabitants live on floating islands, such as the Uros Island and the Amantani Island. The tour includes a boat trip through the waters of Lake Titicaca, as well as a visit to the Uros island to learn about its customs, daily activities, and crafts. It also includes a visit to the island of Amantani where we will learn about its incredible lagoon landscapes, customs and beliefs. The tour ends with the transfer to the tourist’s hotel in Puno at 5:30 pm.
This is the experience
- The tour offers a cultural experience full of beautiful landscapes. Start with the pick up from your hotel in Puno before 7:30 am. After a short trip to the port of the city, we board the motor boat that, in 30 minutes, will take us to the island of Uros. There we will learn about their customs, ways of fishing, daily activities and more. After another trip of 2 hours 45 minutes we will arrive at the island of Amatani. There we will make a 30-minute walk until we arrive at the town. We will know their customs and beautiful landscapes. Includes lunch at a local restaurant. The tour ends with the return to the hotel in Puno at approximately 5:30 pm.
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist in the city of Puno a few minutes before 7.30 am. The pick up can also be done from the city terminal or in the Main Square.
- The trip is short to the port of Puno. There, the group will board a motorized tourist boat to travel through the waters of Lake Titicaca. The first trip will be only 7 kilometers (30 minutes) to the Uros Island, one of the more than 90 islands found in Lake Titicaca.
- One of the Uros families will show us interesting aspects about how to fish in Lake Titicaca. Optionally, we can take a ride on a reed boat (traditional boat of the Aymara cultures).
- After knowing the island of the Uros we will embark towards the island of Amantani. The motorboat trip takes 2 hours 45 minutes. On the route we will appreciate the beautiful landscapes of Lake Titicaca.
- Upon arrival at Amantani Island, we will have to take a short 30-minute walk until we arrive at the center of the town where, through a local family and the tour guide, we will learn more about the culture of this floating town.
- In Amantani we will enjoy a delicious lunch made in a local family. We will also have free time to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the town through a route around the island.
- After getting to know the landscapes and traditions of Amantani Island, we will descend to the port of Lake Titicaca to board the boat. The trip to Puno takes almost 3 hours.
- In the port of Puno the tourist transport will take us to the door of our hotel. The tour ends at an average of 5.30 in the afternoon.
Uros – Amantani Tour– SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Uros – Amantani Tour – All included
- Pick up from the visitor’s hotel in Puno.
- Transfer in tourist vehicle to the port of Puno.
- Tourist transport by motor boat.
- Professional tour guide (Spanish or English).
- Tourist lunch in Amantani.
- Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Return to the tourist hotel in Puno.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Ride in a reed boat in Uros.
- Food not described.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Identity document or valid passport.
- Comfortable clothes (it is recommended to wear a jacket).
- Photographic camera.
- Hat or cap.
- Windbreaker jacket.
- Raincoat in cases of rain.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour to Uros and Amantani in Puno begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the door of his hotel or in a central point of the city of Puno at approximately 7:30 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the tourist’s transportation to the door of his hotel in Puno at approximately 5:30 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Puno is located at 3,827 meters above sea level. At that altitude it is common to feel some symptoms of altitude sickness such as: fatigue, nausea, headache.
- To improve the symptoms, it is recommended to spend at least two days in Puno or in another high-altitude city such as Arequipa or Cusco. Thus the person’s own body usually adapts to the high altitude. Symptoms usually subside after two to three days. It is also recommended to drink plenty of water.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the Uros and Amantani Full Day tour in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What tourist attractions are visited during the tour?
The Uros and Amantani Full Day tour includes a visit to the famous Titicaca lake, the Uros island and the Amantani island. All these tourist attractions are visited within an all-inclusive tour.
Does the tour include transportation across Lake Titicaca? Which to choose?
Yes, the tour includes motorboat tourist transportation on Lake Titicaca. In this way the tourist will explore the waters of the highest navigable lake in the world.
What time does the tour start? Does it include pick up?
The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up from their hotel in Puno a few minutes before 7:30 in the morning. The tour ends with the visitor’s transfer to their hotel in Puno at around 5:30 in the afternoon.
Can I cancel the Uros, Amantani Full Day tour in Puno?
Yes, you can cancel the Uros and Amantani Full Day tour in Puno by sending a request by email (to email@example.com) up to five days before. The cancellation of the tour has a penalty of 25% of the value of the tour (reimbursement of 75% of the amount paid).
Can I change the date of the Uros, Amantani Full Day tour?
Yes, you can modify the date or the names of the people who will do the tour. To do this, you must send a request to the email firstname.lastname@example.org 5 days before the date of the tour as the latest deadline. The penalty is 10% of the value of the tour.
How is the payment made for the Uros, Amatani tour in Puno?
To make the payment for the Uros, Amantani tour in Puno you just have to click on ‘Book’. Then you must complete your personal information and make the payment with any of the various payment methods available (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal).
Does the tour include a ride on a reed boat?
No, the reed boat ride takes place on the Uros island and has an additional cost (optional) not included in the tour. The cost of this service is approximately 10 PEN.
Can I take the tour throughout the year?
Yes, the Uros Island and Amantani Full Day tour is available every day of the year except in exceptional cases of natural disasters or protests in the region.