Pachacamac Full Day Tour
About this tour
- Start: Pick up at the hotel door.
- Tickets included: No more queues, tickets included
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours.
- type of transport: Minivan Sprinter Full equipment.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Lima is home to many more destinations than you might think. Important civilizations developed in Lima that were later absorbed by the Tawantinsuyo. In this tour a special visit is made to the archaeological site of Pachacamac as the main district. However, during the trip in our transport, we will be able to visit the district of Barranco and the Central Park, after which we will make the corresponding visit to Pachacamac, and thanks to our guide, we will be able to know each of the details that make up this incredible construction that It was of important value for the first settlers of Peru, since it housed one of the most impressive and important temples of the societies of those years. After these visits, the return trip is undertaken, visiting some of the traditional neighborhoods of Lima and seeing the constructions and buildings typical of the Spanish Colony.
This is the experience
- One of the best travel options in Lima is to take the route to get to know Pachacamac. During this tour you can see the most visited points in Lima, such as the Barranco district, which is the first destination to visit. The pick up from the hotels will start at 9:00 in the morning and the tour will start at 9:30 am. Being the first Barranco destination, you will visit the Central Park, the Bajada de los Baños, the Old Library that is very close to the square of this district and the entire traditional area, which in the past served as a source of inspiration for literary exponents of the 20th century. After this tour, it’s time to visit Pachacamac. The journey may take an hour or a few more minutes. Once at the archaeological site, together with the guide we will visit the main constructions that are made with adobes that managed to resist until today. One of the most important temples is the Old Temple, which has a lot of history and great value for the ancient settlers.
- After previous hotel pick-up coordination, the pick-up activities have a time from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Once you have the whole group in the sprinter minivan. We start the trip to Barranco.
- Barranco is a district of Lima that has colonial buildings. Among these stands out, the Central Park, the Bajada de los Baños, the Old Library. And even take a walk across the Bridge of Sighs.
- After this visit, it is time to visit the archaeological site of Pachacamac. During the trip of more than an hour, the guide will explain some details of the history of Lima.
- Pachacamac was an important ceremonial center for the Incas and of great religious importance.
- During the visit we will know the main temples and the particularity of their location in correspondence with the mountains and islands that rise above the sea.
- The most important temples to visit are: the Adobitos Temple, the Old Temple, the New or Painted Temple. In addition, it is possible to appreciate the remains of the main idol of this entire place.
- There is also a tour of the site museum. Where you can see a large number of remains such as ceramics and fabrics.
- After the tour begins the return to the hotels.
Tour Pachacamac – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Pachacamac Tour – All included||50 USD||50 USD|
- Sprinter minivan for transportation during the day from the door of your hotel.
- The Minivan Sprinter is a modern vehicle with full equipment.
- Tickets for the tour will already be reserved. That is, there will be no queues or last-minute sales.
- Bilingual guide fluent in Spanish and English.
- The same transport will leave us at our hotel (according to availability).
- Option to cancel the tour.
- The visit and transportation to other destinations outside the itinerary.
- Snacks, drinks, fruits.
What to bring?
- Identity Document or Passport.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Light clothing, consult according to season.
- Water or drinks with snacks.
- Appropriate and comfortable footwear to avoid discomfort.
Where does the tour start and end?
- Machupicchu Terra services are responsible for picking you up from the door of your hotel.
- The tour will end at the agreed place at the time of pick up.
What is the history of Pachacamac?
- During the rule of the Incas and the Tawantinsuyo, Pachacamac was the main sanctuary on the coast.
- According to some records, its importance would begin long before the Incas. It has a validity of more than 1000 years.
- Every year it received thousands of residents who came to show their respect and gratitude.
- Pachacamac would mean “Soul of the earth, the one who gives life or animates the world”.
Why travel with Machupicchu Terra?
- Machupicchu Terra is an agency that has permission to operate by the Ministry of Culture.
- At Machu Picchu Terra, we prioritize the most important services such as transportation and itinerary schedules.
- If you have any questions, or want to travel privately, just contact us through our social networks or by email@example.com
Where is Pachacamac?
This important archaeological center is located very close to the city of Lima. It is exactly within the valley formed by the Pachacamac or Lurín river. It is very close to the sea and that is also where its importance lies. From the center of Lima the trip can take an hour and 30 minutes on average. This depends on the traffic and the schedule in which you want to make the trip.
How long is the tour?
The tour has an average duration of 4 to 5 hours. This from the beginning of the pick up from the hotels and culminating with the return, also at the door of the hotels. During the tour, the tours will be carried out under the sun, so it is recommended to use sunscreen.
For whom is this tour recommended?
This tour is for anyone interested and the general public. It has no restrictions and is easy to do. Having transportation will help considerably to complete the tour at the scheduled times and to plan the rest of the day in the best possible way.
Can I do this tour privately?
Yes, you just have to contact the Machupicchu Terra travel advisors. They will be in charge of providing you with price information along with other itineraries that you can do privately.