Amazing Peru Tour: Lima, Cusco and Puno 10 days and 9 nightsLimaPuno Excursiones of several days
About this tour
- Duration: 10 days and 9 nights.
- Start: With the pick up at the Lima airport.
- Transport: Large minivan, cars, buses, boats and tourist trains.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance to all tourist attractions (no queues or additional payments).
- Hotels: 8 nights in standard tourist hotels (1 night in family lodging in Lake Titicaca).
- Airplane Ticket: Not included, but they are purchased at the tourist’s request.
- Feeding. Breakfast in hotels, lunch and dinner in certain destinations.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Peru has well-visited and famous tourist destinations such as Caral (the oldest city in America), Machu Picchu (one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World) and Titicaca (the highest navigable body of water on the planet). The Amazing Peru tour of 10 days and 9 nights includes the visit of all these destinations and more. The service includes everything you need for a pleasant trip: pick up from the airport and hotel, complete tourist transport, professional guide for each day, hotels in each city and town to visit, as well as tickets, food and more. Plane tickets can be obtained with one of our online sales advisors.
This is the experience
- On day 1 the pick up from the Lima airport and the transfer to the hotel are made. The afternoon and night will be free. On day 2 the tour to the sacred city of Caral Full Day takes place. On day 3 the flight to the city of Cusco takes place and the afternoon and evening free for proper acclimatization. On day 4 it is time to do the tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo) with buffet included. On day 5, after sleeping in the town of Aguas Calientes, we visit Machu Picchu. On the 6th, the half-day tour to the Salineras de Maras and the Inca platforms of Moray takes place. On the 7th the tourist bus trip ‘La ruta del Sol’ to Puno (visit archaeological sites and buffet) takes place. On the 8th it is time to do the tour of Lake Titicaca where you visit the island of Uros and spend the night on the island of Amantani. On the 9th it is time to visit the island of Taquile and return by boat to Puno. On the 10th the pick up and transfer to the Juliaca airport where the tour ends.
Tour Lima, Cusco and Puno 10 days and 9 nights
|Hotel 2 stars||1,280 USD||1,088 USD|
|Hotel 3 stars||1,485 USD||1,148 USD|
|Hotel 4 stars||1,935 USD||1,425 USD|
Day 1: Pick up from the airport and free afternoon-night in Lima
- The tour begins with a pick-up from the Jorge Chávez airport in Lima. The time and day of the pick up is previously coordinated with our travel assistant.
- After the welcome, you will board a tourist transport that will take you to your hotel in the city of Lima (all the hotel options that we offer are highly recommended for their quality and cleanliness).
- That first day the tourist will have the afternoon and evening free to explore on their own the beautiful streets of Lima, its boardwalk, gastronomic fairs and more.
- At night you rest at the chosen hotel.
Day 2: Sacred city of Caral Full Day Tour
- Start with breakfast in the dining room of the tourist hotel.
- Then, at around 7 in the morning, the tour of the sacred city of Caral begins, the oldest in America and the cradle of Peruvian cultures.
- To get there, you leave the city on the north highway until you arrive at the “Norte chico” of Lima. On the way you can make a stop to rest or shop.
- Then, together with a professional tour guide, we will visit its historical and important monuments such as: the Templo Mayor, the Altar of the Sacred Fire, etc.
- After visiting the historic citadel of Caral, if time permits, we will visit the beautiful landscapes of the city of Huacho (lunch not included). Then we will return to Lima at around 5:30 pm.
- At night we will have free time for dinner and rest at the hotel in Lima.
Day 3: Flight to the city of Cusco and free afternoon-night
- The third day we will have breakfast at the hotel in Lima.
- Then, at the previously coordinated time, a tourist transport will pick us up from the hotel door to take us to the Jorge Chávez airport in Lima.
- The flight from Lima to Cusco takes approximately 1 hour. Once at the Alejandro Velasco Astete airport in Cusco, an assistant will receive you and transfer you by tourist transport to your hotel in the center of the city of Cusco.
- Because Cusco is at 3,399 masl, that first day we will have the afternoon and night free. Thus we will have a better acclimatization to the mountainous region of the Andes Mountains.
- Then it’s time to rest at the tourist hotel.
Day 4: Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour with overnight in Aguas Calientes
- Between 7 am and 7.30 am the tourist transport will pick you up from the door of your hotel.
- Then the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas begins. The first stop will be at the Taray viewpoint where you can get spectacular photos of the valley.
- Next, we will visit the Inca citadel of Pisac, famous for its high platforms and stone buildings.
- After the visit to Pisac, the tourist transport will take us for 1 hour to the town of Urubamba. There we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the prestigious Tunupa restaurant.
- The next tourist destination to visit will be Ollantaytambo, famous for buildings such as the Temple of the Sun, the Baños de la Ñusta and more.
- After this, the group will go to the train station because at 4:36 pm the Inca Rail tourist service The Voyager leaves for Machupicchu town (comfortable trip with spectacular views of 1 hour 40 minutes).
- In Machupicchu town, an assistant will receive us and take us to the tourist hotel.
- At night we will rest in a tourist hotel in Machupicchu town, also called Aguas Calientes.
Day 5: Tour to Machu Picchu and return to the city of Cusco
- At around 7 in the morning, breakfast is taken at the tourist hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- After breakfast together with the tour guide, we walk a few steps to take the bus from the company ‘Consettur’ that will take us to Machu Picchu (only a 30-minute journey).
- Once in Machu Picchu, the entrance to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is made to see its most famous temples such as: the Temple of the Sun, the Main Temple, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, etc. . Of course there is also time to get the classic photo postcard!
- After visiting Machu Picchu, return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes. There you have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and explore this beautiful town.
- At 4.22 pm (arrive 30 minutes before) you take the tourist train back to the city of Cusco. The tour ends at the door of the visitor’s hotel at approximately 8:30 p.m..
Day 6: Tour Maras and Moray half day
- Early the tourist can have breakfast at the tourist hotel in the city of Cusco.
- At approximately 8 am, the tourist transport will pick you up from the door of your hotel to begin the half-day tour of the Salineras de Maras and the circular platforms of Moray.
- The tourist transport will take us through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The first point to visit will be the town of Maras, famous for its colonial portals.
- Then we take a short trip to the archaeological site of Moray, where spectacular photos are taken of the immense circular platforms.
- After visiting Moray with the professional guide, a short trip is made to the Salineras de Maras. There, in the same way, you can get incredible photos of the hundreds of natural salt wells formed thousands of years ago.
- After visiting Maras we will return by tourist transport to the city of Cusco. The tour ends at the visitor’s hotel or in a central square at approximately 2:30 pm.
Day 7: Tourist bus tour ‘Ruta del Sol’ from Cusco to Puno
- Very early the tourist can have breakfast at the hotel in the city of Cusco.
- At around 6.20 am we will pick you up from your hotel.
- At the Cusco bus station we will depart in a spacious and comfortable tourist bus. The first place to visit will be the Andahuaylillas church known as the Sistine Chapel of America for its beautiful murals and canvases inside.
- Further south another stop will be made to visit the Wiracocha temple at the Raqchi archaeological site. It is an Inca religious site of great historical importance.
- In the middle of the route there will be a stop to enjoy a buffet lunch at the La Pascana restaurant.
- In the area of La Raya (border between Cusco and Puno) a stop is made to appreciate the beautiful Andean geography, especially the snow-capped Chimboya where the Amazon River is born.
- Once in the Puno region, another stop is made to visit the Pucará lithic museum, famous for its ceramics and sculptures with zoomorphic figures.
- At 5 pm we arrive at the city of Puno, located at a height of 3,827 meters above sea level.
- A tourist transport will pick up the visitors to take them to their hotel in the city.
- The tourist will have the rest of the afternoon and night to walk around the city and rest in their tourist hotel.
Day 8: Uros – Amantani Tour with overnight on Lake Titicaca
- Tourists can enjoy breakfast in the hotel dining room.
- At around 7.50 am, the tourist is picked up from the door of his hotel to take him to the port of Lake Titicaca.
- On board a comfortable boat, the tourist will embark on an incredible journey through the blue waters of the highest navigable lake on the planet.
- Just seven kilometers away by boat, you arrive at the community of Puno de los Uros. There we will learn about their way of life, history, customs and other domestic activities.
- Then the trip continues across the lake (almost 3 hours journey) until arriving at the Amantani islands. A family from Puno will invite us to their home where we will learn about their lifestyle (experiential tourism). We will also taste its delicious cuisine.
- That night we will spend on the island of Amantani, in a rustic accommodation, feeling the waters of Lake Titicaca.
Day 9: Taquile Island Tour on Lake Titicaca and return to Puno
- Very early tourists will enjoy a typical breakfast of the Amantani community.
- After a cordial farewell with the local people, the boat trip to the natural island of Taquile is made..
- In Taquile there is a short but intense walk (40 minutes) to reach the main square of the island. Always together with the tour guide, we will learn the culture, clothing, and traditions of this Altiplano town.
- At lunchtime we will enjoy exquisite dishes in a local restaurant overlooking Lake Titicaca. We will also have time to learn more about the streets of the island of Taquile.
- Finally, we will return on foot to the port of Taquile to board the boat that will take us back to the city of Puno.
- A tourist transport will take us to the visitor’s hotel where they spend the night, the last of the tour.
Day 10: Transfer to Juliaca airport and end of the tour
- Early, after breakfast at the hotel, and prior coordination, we will pick you up from the tourist hotel to take you to the Juliaca airport (1 hour from Puno).
- Finally, the farewell and end of the tour is made at the Juliaca airport, with the flight to the city of Lima.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Complete tourist transport (in minivan and tourist train).
- Complete official tourist guide.
- 9 hotel nights in Lima, Cusco and Puno.
- Full breakfasts.
- Partial lunches and dinners (in some services).
- Caral Tour in Lima
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
- Machu Picchu Tour.
- Tour Maras – Moray half day.
- Bus tour ‘Ruta del Sol’ (from Cusco to Puno).
- Tour Uros – Amantani – Taquile
- Transfer to airports.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Plane tickets (optional to request them).
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A coat.
- Snacks and drinks.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the airport in the city of Lima.
- The tour ends with the transfer and farewell at the Juliaca airport (Puno).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- In high altitude regions such as Cusco and Puno, it is normal to suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness, also called soroche. The most common symptoms are: dizziness, fatigue or nausea. To better combat or reduce them, it is best to avoid alcoholic beverages and greasy foods.
- It is also advisable to drink coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) and buy pills against altitude sickness at any pharmacy in Cusco.
Group or private services
- The information shown is for shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the tour also include plane tickets?
No, the tour does not offer plane tickets, which are necessary. However, for a perfect organization of the tour, the tourist can request them with our sales advisor. We have the best airlines and at the best prices.
How do I make the purchase of the tour?
After contacting our sales advisor (via WhatsApp or by phone), you will receive a payment link for the purchase of the tourist package. You can make the purchase through any credit or debit card, such as: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or American Express.
Does the tour to Machu Picchu include tourist trains?
Yes, the tour to Machu Picchu (included in the tourist package) is carried out with tourist trains from the companies Peru Rail and Inca Rail. Everyone completely comfortable and safe!
Can I cancel the tour?
Yes, please contact our sales advisor. Cancellations are possible if done with adequate time in advance (5 days or more).
Can I modify the tour itinerary?
Yes, the tourist can modify the tour itinerary by adding or removing services.
Is Machupicchu Terra a safe and reliable agency?
Yes, Machupicchu Terra has more than ten years of experience. We have internet security systems. In addition, we have recognitions and awards that guarantee the reliability of our services.