Chiclayo Full day tour: Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipán
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from your hotel at 10.50 am.
- Duration: 7 hours (Full Day).
- Tourist attractions to visit Huaca Rajada archaeological complex, Bruning Museum and Royal Tombs of Sipán.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Type of transport: Wide and modern tourist transport.
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Make a cultural visit to the best tourist attractions in Chiclayo, in the Lambayeque region. The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from their hotel between 10:30 and 10:50 in the morning. Then, aboard a tourist transport, the visitor will travel to the Huaca Rajada archaeological site, famous for its royal tombs where the acclaimed mummy of the Lord of Sipán was found. Always in the company of a professional guide, we will travel to Lambayeque (lunch in a tourist restaurant not included in the tour) to visit the Museum of Royal Tombs, one of the best in Peru for its pyramid-shaped architecture and where the Tomb of the Lord of Sipán lies. . We will also visit the Bruning museum in Lambayeque. After visiting its important collection we will return to the city of Chiclayo. The tour ends at the door of the tourist’s hotel at approximately 6 pm.
This is the experience
- Chiclayo was a very important point for the rise of the Mochica culture (2nd centuries A.D. and 7th A.D.). There, large citadels and temples were built such as Huaca Rajada, a citadel and religious center made up of pyramids, temples and royal tombs where the so-called ‘Lord of Sipán’ was buried, today a great tourist attraction in the Lambayeque region. The Chiclayo tour includes a visit to the archaeological site of Huaca Rajada (in the town of Sipán), the Bruning museum and the Royal Tombs of the Lord of Sipán (in the town of Lambayeque). The tour starts at 10:50 in the morning and ends at 6 in the afternoon. Includes: hotel pickup, transportation, entrance fees, professional guide and return to the hotel (lunch not included).
Chiclayo Full Day Tour
Price per person
With Spanish guidance
With English guidance
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in Chiclayo between 10:30 and 10:50 in the morning.
- Then, aboard a tourist transport, we will travel to the town of Sipán (about 30 kilometers or 45 minutes away). There we will descend from the transport to visit the Huaca Rajada Archaeological Complex.
- Huaca Rajada was a Moche citadel and temple where hundreds of ceramic remains and treasures were found, but, above all, the tomb of the Lord of Sipán, an elite Moche ruler who lived in 250 AD. approximately.
- In Huaca Rajada the tourist will be able to visit the replica of the Lord of Sipán, who was buried along with 8 people (four men, three women and a child, as well as a dog, two llamas, all sacrificed to accompany the Lord of Sipán in his transit for the other world). In addition, pieces of gold, silver, seashells, turquoise and other precious objects were found in his tomb.
- After visiting Huaca Rajada we will board the tourist transport again to go to the town of Lambayeque. There we will visit a tourist restaurant to enjoy a delicious typical lunch (not included in the tour). Then we will visit the Royal Tombs of Sipán Museum. There, in one of the most important and modern museums in Peru, we can observe the royal tomb of the Lord of Sipán, which was moved from Huaca Rajada.
- The museum has modern architecture in a pyramidal shape. Always together with our professional tour guide we will appreciate ceramics, pieces of gold, silver and other objects belonging to the Mochica culture. At the end we will appreciate, in an excellent state of conservation, the royal tomb of the Lord of Sipán.
- After visiting the Museum of the Lord of Sipán we can take incredible photos in the museum. We will also have the opportunity to visit the Bruning museum of Lambayeque with a large collection of ceramics and gold objects made by the Mochica, Cupisnique and Lambayeque culture. The return trip takes only 30 minutes and ends in the city of Chiclayo, capital of the Lambayeque region.
- The tour ends at the door of the visitor’s hotel at approximately 6 p.m.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist hotel in Chiclayo.
- Complete tourist transport (round trip).
- Professional tourism guide in Spanish or English.
- Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel at the end of the tour.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Lunch in a tourist restaurant.
What to bring?
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable slippers.
- Comfortable clothes for hot weather.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for optional extra purchases.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Chiclayo between 10:30 and 10:50 in the morning.
- The tour concludes with the tourist’s return at the door of their hotel in Chiclayo at approximately 6 p.m.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Chiclayo, as well as the tourist attractions included in the tour, are on the Peruvian coast, so there are no symptoms of altitude sickness or mountain sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the Chiclayo Tour: Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipán in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
How long is the tour to Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipan?
The tour lasts 7 hours from the pick-up of the tourist at 10:50 in the morning until the return transfer to your hotel at approximately 6 in the afternoon.
What to see when visiting Huaca Rajada in Chiclayo?
In Huaca Rajada the tourist will be able to visit the replica of the Lord of Sipán, a Mochica ruler who lived in 250 AD. approximately. In addition, you can visit its streets, squares and temples made of adobe.
What to see when visiting the Royal Tombs Museum?
In the Royal Tombs of Sipán museum, tourists will be able to appreciate a large collection of ceramics, gold and silver objects, tools, textiles and more. You will also be able to see the tomb of the Lord of Sipán. The museum is one of the most modern and recommended in Peru.
Can I cancel the tour?
Yes, you can cancel the Chiclayo, Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipán tour by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the last term to request cancellation is 5 days before the tour start date). Likewise, the penalty for canceling the tour is 25% of the amount paid (the refund is 75%).
Can I change the date if I have already purchased the tour?
Yes, you can change the date or the names of the Chiclayo, Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipan tour. To do this, you must send an email to email@example.com (the last term to request cancellation is 5 days before the day of the tour). Likewise, the change has a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour.
How to pay for the Chiclayo tour: Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipán?
You must first fill in your personal details and tour details. The reservation is online on the Machupicchu Terra page. Then you must make the payment of 100% of the value of the tour through Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal credit or debit cards.
What are the tourist services included in the tour?
The Chiclayo, Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipán tour includes pick up from the tourist’s hotel in Chiclayo, full tourist transportation (round trip), professional tour guide (in Spanish or English), entrance to all tourist attractions to visit and return to your hotel in Chiclayo at the end of the tour.
Is the Chiclayo tour: Huaca Rajada and Royal Tombs of Sipan dangerous?
No, the tour is organized by a professional tourism agency. The service is carried out without risk, complying with all the necessary security measures. Travel safe!