Tour Huaca of the Sun and the Moon in Trujillo Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the hotel in the city of Trujillo at 10:30 in the morning.
- Duration: 8 hours (Full Day).
- Transport type: Wide and modern tourist transport.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional in Spanish or English.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Huaca of the Sun, Huaca of the Moon and Chan Chan.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the two most famous tourist attractions of the city of Trujillo in La Libertad. The huacas of the sun and the moon were important religious centers of the Mochica culture (100 BC – 700 AD). The tour lasts approximately 8 hours. It also includes a visit to the historic citadel of Chan Chan (Nikan Palace). The services included are pick up from the hotel in Trujillo, complete tourist transport, tourist tickets and professional guide service. The tour concludes at 6 in the afternoon with the transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel in Trujillo.
This is the experience
- The experience of knowing the huacas of the Sun and the Moon is to delve into the depths of the Mochica culture, one of the most representative of pre-Inca Peru. It is to know its history through its temples, palaces, murals, ceramics and religion. The tour also allows you to see the citadel of Chan Chan (of the Chimú culture), the largest mud city in America and the planet. And all within an all-inclusive service that offers hotel pick-up, full tourist transportation, tickets, professional guide, and return to Trujillo.
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up from the door of their hotel in the city of Trujillo. Between 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., the visitor is picked up at one of the tourist hotels in the city.
- After all visitors board the tourist transport, a short trip of approximately 20 minutes will begin until arriving at the Huaca of the Moon, a religious site with large murals decorated with human figures of Mochica warriors. Some paintings are preserved with their colors. The figure of Aia Paec stands out, the cutthroat god and highest divinity of the Mochica culture.
- Next, the group will visit the Huaca of the Sun, located just 500 meters from the Huaca of the Moon. The Huaca of the Sun was a pyramid-shaped administrative enclosure with up to five terraces (the largest being eighty meters long). The Mochica high society lived there.
- After visiting the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon (always in the company of a professional tour guide), we will continue the trip in tourist transport until we arrive at a tourist restaurant (lunch not included in the tour). After approximately 1 hour of lunch, the group will board the tourist transport again to make the short route (approximately 30 minutes) until arriving at Chan Chan.
- The Chimú citadel of Chan Chan, an immense mud citadel (the largest in the world); which was built by the Chimú culture (between 700 AD and 1,400 AD). There the tourist can take a tour of its ruins and enclosures, always in the company of a professional tour guide.
- Before returning to the city of Trujillo, the group will make an incredible visit to Huanchaco beach. There we can appreciate the sunset hiding in the sea. We will also be able to get beautiful photos of the reed boats.
- The tour concludes at around 6 in the afternoon with the return of the tourist to the door of his hotel in the city of Trujillo.
Included in tour
- Pick up from the tourist’s hotel (in the city of Trujillo).
- Complete tourist transport (round trip).
- Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Professional tourist guide in Spanish or English.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Lunch at a tourist restaurant.
What to bring?
- Hat or cap.
- Light clothing (light pants, shorts, polo shirts, light jacket).
- Rehydration drinks or snacks.
- Passport or identity document.
- Cash for optional extra purchases.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel in the city of Trujillo at 10:30 in the morning.
- The tour concludes with the return of the tourist at the door of his hotel in Trujillo at 6 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Trujillo and its tourist attractions are located on the northern Peruvian coast (34 masl) . Therefore, tourists do not present any symptoms of altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
Where is Trujillo? What are its main tourist attractions?
The city of Trujillo is the capital of the La Libertad region on the north coast of Peru. It is located 556 kilometers by road from the city of Lima (approximately 9 hours). Its main tourist attractions are: the Huaca of the Moon, the Huaca of the Sun, Chan Chan, the Huanchaco spa, the Trujillo Cathedral and the Garden of the Senses.
What are the tourist attractions included in the tour?
The Huaca del Sol and the Moon tour in Trujillo Full Day includes a visit to the main tourist attractions of the city of Trujillo: the Huaca of the Moon, the Huaca del Sol, the mud city of Chan Chan and the spa from Huanchaco.
What time does the tour to Huaca of the Sun and the Moon in Trujillo start and end?
The tour begins with the visitor’s pick-up at 10:30 in the morning and ends with the visitor’s return to the hotel at 6 in the afternoon. In other words, it lasts approximately 8 hours (Full Day tour).
Can I cancel the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in Trujillo?
Yes, you can cancel the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in Trujillo Full Day. You only have to send a simple request to the email firstname.lastname@example.org (within 5 days before the day of the tour). The penalty for canceling the tour is 25% of the value of the tour (75% refund).
Can I change the date of the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in Trujillo?
Yes, you can change the date or the name of the people that make up the tour just by sending a request to email@example.com. Changes have a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour (term up to 5 days before). The amount is paid through a payment link that you will receive in your email.
How can I purchase the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in Trujillo?
The purchase of the tour is done online through the Machupicchu Terra website (payment of 100% of the value of the tour). The available payment methods are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal credit or debit cards.
What is the weather like in Trujillo?
Trujillo has a desert climate, temperate and humid with average minimum temperatures of 15ºC. and maximum temperatures of 25ºC.
Is the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon tour in Trujillo dangerous?
No, the tour to the Huaca of the Sun and the Moon is carried out in compliance with all the necessary security protocols. Thus the tourist will enjoy a well-organized service with the greatest security.