Tour El Brujo and Dama de Cao in Trujillo Half Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the hotel in the city of Trujillo at approximately 10 in the morning.
- Duration: 4 hours (half day).
- Type of transport: Wide and modern tourist transport.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional in Spanish or English.
- Tourist attractions to visit:. El Brujo archaeological complex, Huaca de Cao, Cao Museum.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the mysterious archaeological complex of El Brujo, as well as the huaca and the museum of Cao. The tour lasts 4 hours (half day). Includes pick up from the hotel, complete tourist transport, entrance to the different tourist attractions and professional guide service. Does not include lunch in a tourist restaurant. A hora de recolha é por volta das 10h00 e termina às 14h00, quando o visitante regressa ao hotel. During the tourist visits you will have the opportunity to see historical constructions such as the tomb of the Dama de Cao. You dare?
This is the experience
- The 1-day El Brujo and Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo offers a journey through history. The El Brujo archaeological complex was a ceremonial complex of great importance, which was occupied by various cultures up to 5 thousand years ago. Its pyramidal structures include the Huaca Cao Viejo where you can visit the famous Tomb of the Dama de Cao. The tour also allows you to visit the Cao museum. All services are already included: pick up from the hotel, complete transportation, entrance to the different tourist attractions, professional tour guide and return to Trujillo.
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor from the door of their hotel in the city of Trujillo (pick-up is at approximately 10 am).
- Once all visitors board the tourist transportation, you will begin a short trip to visit the town of Cao, famous for its healers and mystical ceremonies. Then we will continue by road until we arrive at the El Brujo archaeological complex, a Mochica ceremonial center made up of three huacas: the Huaca Prieta, the Huaca de Cao Viejo and the Huaca Cortada. The place is famous for the tomb of the Lady of Cao or Lady of Cao.
- The first stop will be at the El Brujo archaeological complex in the Chicama Valley. Always in the company of a professional tour guide, we will visit its ceremonial square (friezes of warriors, spiders, and naked prisoners).
- Inside the El Brujo archaeological complex we will also visit the Huaca de Cao, a space where the remains of the Dama de Cao were found in 2006. The Dama de Cao was a Mochica ruler who was buried with gold ornaments and fine dresses.
- Inside the Huaca de Cao we will visit the site museum of the Huaca de Cao. There the tourist will be able to know the importance and the rites of the Mochica culture. Through its six rooms we will learn about its history, architecture, blood, rituals and importance. As a final part, you will appreciate the tomb of the Dama de Cao, one of the most important historical tourist attractions in Peru.
- After visiting the El Brujo archaeological complex and the Cao site museum, we will have the opportunity to taste the traditional fermented drink called ‘anejo de Cao’. In addition, we will appreciate the Huaca Cortada and Huaca Prieta.
- Finally, we will board the tourist transportation to return to the city of Trujillo. The tour ends with the return to the door of the visitor’s hotel at approximately 2 in the afternoon.
Included in tour
- Pick up from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Trujillo.
- Full round-trip tourist transportation.
- Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions described.
- Professional tourist guide in Spanish or English.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel in the city of Trujillo.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
What to bring?
- Hat or cap.
- Light clothing such as: light pants, shorts, polo shirts, windbreaker jacket).
- Rehydrating drinks or snacks in a small backpack.
- Passport or identity document.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Trujillo at 10 in the morning.
- The tour concludes with the tourist’s return at the door of their hotel in the city of Trujillo at 2 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Trujillo and its tourist attractions are located on the northern Peruvian coast (34 masl) . Therefore, tourists do not present any symptoms of altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the El Brujo and the Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo Half Day? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What are the tourist attractions included in the tour?
The El Brujo and Dama de Cao tour includes a visit to the El Brujo archaeological complex, the Huaca de Cao and the Cao site museum. In this last tourist attraction, the visitor will be able to appreciate the famous Dama de Cao, a Mochica ruler of great importance.
What services are included in the El Brujo and Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo half day?
The tour includes pick up from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Trujillo, complete tourist transportation service, professional tourist guide service, entrance to all the tourist attractions to visit and return to the tourist’s hotel in the city of Trujillo.
How long is the El Brujo and the Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo Half Day?
The tour lasts approximately 4 hours, from 10 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon.
Is it allowed to cancel the tour once purchased?
Yes, you can cancel the El Brujo and Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo half day. For this it is necessary to request it by email to email@example.com. The last deadline to request it is 5 days before the day of service. Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the value of the tour (75% refund).
And is it allowed to change the tour date once purchased?
Yes, you can change the date or the name of the people that make up the El Brujo and Dama de Cao tour in Trujillo half day. For that it is necessary to send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Making these modifications have a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour (which must be canceled through a payment link to your email). The last deadline to send the request is 5 days before the day of service.
How to pay for the El Brujo and Dama de Cao half day tour in Trujillo?
The payment of the tour is online, making the transaction of 100% of the value of the tour. To do this, you only have to fill in the tourist’s information and make the payment through any of the available credit and debit cards: Visa debit, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
What other tourist attractions can I visit in the La Libertad region?
The La Libertad region (the capital is the city of Trujillo) is located on the north coast of Peru. Its main tourist attractions are: the clay city of Chan Chan, the Huaca de la Luna, the Huaca del Sol, the Huanchaco spa, the Cathedral of Trujillo, Virú, the El Brujo Archaeological Complex (Dama de Cao Site Museum ), Puerto Malabrigo, the Cañoncillo Forest, the Huacas de Moche Museum and more.
What to bring to the El Brujo and Dama de Cao half-day tour in Trujillo?
If you do the tour, it is recommended to wear light clothing for the heat of Trujillo (temperature between 19ºC. to 25ºC.). You can wear skinny pants, shorts, a blouse, a polo shirt, sunglasses, as well as a cap or hat. In a small backpack you can carry snacks, rehydration drink, identity document, cash (possible souvenir purchases) and whatever you consider necessary.