The 8 most recommended luxury trips in Peru
Peru is an economical tourist destination. Its official currency is the ‘Peruvian Nuevo Sol’. 3.5 Peruvian soles are equivalent to approximately 1 US dollar. This means that many tourist attractions are considered economical by tourists from various parts of the world. However, like many well-visited places, luxury excursions can be organized in Peru. These routes visit famous places such as Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Paracas, the Amazon and, of course, Machu Picchu.
- Hiram Bingham luxury train ride to Machu Picchu
- Andean Explorer luxury train trip Cusco, Puno and Arequipa
- Luxury cruise on Lake Titicaca
- Luxury yacht trips in Paracas
- Aria cruise on the Amazon River
- Dolphin Cruise on the Amazon River
- Private yacht to the Palomino Islands in Lima
- Private flight over the Nazca lines
What are the most luxurious hotels in Peru? – The most luxurious hotels in Peru are found in Lima, Cusco, Arequipa, Puno and other regions. Highlights include the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu in Cusco, the JW Marriott Hotel in Lima, the JW Marriott El Convento Hotel in Cusco, the CIRQA Parador Hotel in Arequipa, the Amantica Lodge Hotel in Puno, the Cuesta Serena Hotel in Huaraz and more.
Hiram Bingham luxury train ride to Machu Picchu
The Hiram Bingham train from Cusco to Machu Picchu is one of the most luxurious trips in the world. It owes its name to the American explorer who revealed the existence of the ‘Lost City of the Incas’ to the world in 1911. The trip covers approximately 85 kilometers in 4 hours from the Poroy train station to the Aguas Calientes station. Train tickets can be purchased online or in person in Cusco.
The Hiram Bingham train offers: welcome cocktail, music show at the station, gourmet lunch (one way) or gourmet dinner (return), open bar, observatory car, entrance to Machu Picchu, final private bus ticket, private tour guide to Machu Picchu, music band on board and carriages with refined decoration. The train trip is organized by Peru Rail and runs throughout the year.
- Approximate price: 500 dollars per leg (1000 dollars per round trip).
- More information: The Inca Rail company also offers a luxury train called ‘The Private’, a private trip from Cusco to Machu Picchu in private service.
Andean Explorer luxury train trip Cusco, Puno and Arequipa
The Andean Explorer train is a luxury trip along one of the highest routes in the world as it begins in Cusco and includes a visit to Puno (Lake Titicaca) and the final destination Arequipa. During the three-day journey (departure on Thursdays and arrival on Saturdays). The trip includes stops to visit the Sumbay caves (rock paintings), Lake Titicaca (Uros and Taquile island) and, optionally, a visit to the Colca Canyon.
The train consists of 16 cars with a beautiful Andean-type decoration. During the trip, the tourist will be able to enjoy luxury services, such as: open bar with selected drinks, gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner, piano bar room, tea time, cocktails and canapés, as well as two nights in suite-type bedroom cabins with comfortable beds, wardrobes, living room, bathroom, hot shower, electrical outlets and more.
- Approximate price: 4 thousand dollars double bunk cabin, 5 thousand dollars standard double cabin and 6,800 dollars double suite cabin.
- More information: Prices for single cabins are $3,500 sleeper cabin, $3,850 standard cabin and $4,550 suite cabin.
Luxury cruise on Lake Titicaca
Lake Titicaca is one of the best tourist destinations in Peru. It is the highest navigable lake in the world, located 3,812 meters above sea level. To explore its main tourist attractions such as the island of Uros, Taquile or even the city of La Paz in Bolivia, there are standard boats and luxury cruises. There are routes of 1, 2, 3 or 4 days with all-inclusive services, including visits to tourist attractions.
Luxury cruises on Lake Titicaca start in the city of Puno (Peru) and end in the city of La Paz (Bolivia). They include tourist attractions such as the city of Puno, Isla del Sol, Copacabana, Intihuatana, Huatajata and more. The yachts have a carpeted floor, panoramic windows, refrigerator, snacks and lunch on board, tickets to tourist attractions, tourist land transportation, tickets and a professional guide to get to know the tourist attractions.
- Approximate price: The 2-day cruise and 1 night hotel costs approximately 1,600 soles per person.
- More information: Services can begin in the city of Puno in Peru or in the city of La Paz in Bolivia.
Luxury yacht trips in Paracas
Ballestas Island in Paracas is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Peru. It is located in the Ica region on the central coast of the country. It is famous for its great variety of marine flora and fauna. Visitors can take excursions on standard boats, but also on luxury yachts equipped with life jackets, snacks, bottled water and great comfort on board.
The luxury yachts around the Ballestas Islands in Paracas last approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. The meeting point is the Paracas Luxury Collection Resort hotel (private dock). The yacht allows you to enjoy a private trip without crowds around. The yacht allows 12 people maximum. You can enjoy wildlife such as sea lions and birds. The tourist guide is carried out in Spanish and English.
- Approximate price: Luxury yachts in Paracas cost approximately 400 soles per person.
- More information: To enjoy the yacht you must first travel to the town of Paracas located 259 kilometers by land from the city of Lima.
Aria cruise on the Amazon River
The Amazon River is the largest in the world. On your tour through the Peruvian jungle you can see beautiful landscapes and, above all, exuberant flora and fauna with species such as the bufeo (pink river dolphin), the black caiman, the green and black arrow frog, the jaguar, the piranha and different species of monkeys. There are passenger ships that travel through the Peruvian Amazon, but also luxury cruises.
The Aria is a luxury Amazon cruise that includes 16 luxury suites. It has a size of 22 square meters and includes panoramic windows, hot showers, heating, soft lighting, King size beds and more. During the trip, the tourist will visit the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, the Ucayali River, Marañón, Amazonas and more. The trip lasts 3, 4 or 5 days. Includes food, entrance fees, boat excursions, guide and more.
- Approximate price: 3 nights $3,840, 4 nights $5,120 and 7 nights $8,960. Rates are per visitor for double accommodation.
- More information: Temperatures in the Amazon can exceed 30ºC. During the trip the ambient temperature is 23ºC. approximately.
Dolphin Cruise on the Amazon River
The Delfín I, Delfín II and Delfín III cruise ships are luxury vessels that cross the Amazon River in the department of Loreto, Peru. The boat has 22 suites with capacity for 44 visitors, that is, the largest capacity in the Amazon. The suites have wall windows with wide views of the river. The suites also have beautiful decoration, furniture, king size beds, hot showers and more.
The Delfín cruise has different shared areas including a large lounge, a sunbathing terrace, a swimming pool, a large beautifully decorated dining room, a gym, a spa and a boutique. During the visit you can visit tourist attractions such as the Amazon National Park, the city of Iquitos, the Marañón River, Amazonian communities and, of course, the beautiful landscapes of the Amazon River.
- Approximate price: 3 nights $3,600, 4 nights $4,800. Rates are per visitor for double accommodation.
- More information: The cruises depart from the city of Iquitos, which can only be reached with a flight from the city of Lima.
Private yacht to the Palomino Islands in Lima
The Palomino Islands are one of the main tourist attractions in the city of Lima. It is located in the port of Callao, about 14 kilometers by boat to the sea. It is famous for its variety of marine fauna, including sea lions, penguins and Humboldt penguins. The most striking thing is that visitors can swim in the sea with these picturesque animals.
While most visitors experience the Palomino Islands on a standard boat, it is also possible to do so on a private yacht. This has a capacity for 12 people. Includes a visit to the Lorenzo Islands, Frontón Islands, Cavinzas Islands, Camotal Islands and Palomino Islands (includes a 20-minute dive with sea lions). In total it is a 4-hour route that leaves at 9.30 am. The yacht has all the communities on board.
- Approximate price: Private yacht for 12 people 2,800 soles, for 15 people 3,100 soles and for 20 people 3,600 soles.
- More information: The yacht route is approximately 18 kilometers. During the journey you can see different islands, such as: the Lorenzo Islands, Frontón Islands, Cavinzas Islands, Camotal Islands and Palomino Islands. They are all in front of Lima.
Private flight over the Nazca lines
The Nazca lines are one of the most famous tourist attractions in Peru. Unfortunately it can only be seen from a small plane overflight from the city of Nazca or Pisco (approximately 419 kilometers by road from the city of Lima). Most tourists fly over in a group plane. However, the most luxurious way to do it is on a private plane.
The private plane tour can begin in the city of Lima with a private trip of approximately 4 hours. The overflight over the Nazca lines begins at the Pisco or Nazca airports and has an average duration of 30 minutes. The service includes a stopover and a visit to Paracas. The plane includes all safety equipment, as well as a private guide in several languages. This is a private all-inclusive service.
- Approximate price: 7,119 soles per visitor. Includes all entrance tickets and means of transportation, including the private plane.
- More information: The Nazca lines were an astronomical calendar made up of various zoomorphic and geometric figures in the Nazca desert in Ica, Peru.
By Machupicchu Terra – Last updated, February 1, 2024