Tour to the archaeological site of Waqrapukara Full Day with All Inclusive
- Get to know one of the most recent tourist attractions in Cusco. The Waqrapukara archaeological site combines beautiful high Andean landscapes with impressive architecture. The tour includes everything you need to enjoy the trip smoothly: round-trip tourist transport, breakfast, lunch, entrance to all sites and the tour guide service. The trip includes a spectacular walk where you will appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the place. Take advantage now that not many visitors come to this incredible place.
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (not queues):
Entrance ticket to all sites.
Breakfast and lunch.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Free cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the activity.
So is the experience
- Enjoy the incredible archaeological site of Waqrapukara, one of the newest tourist destinations in Cusco. The early morning trip begins with tourist transport to the south to the town of Acomayo where you will enjoy a local breakfast. Then you will go to the starting point of the trek that, after almost 3 hours of paths full of beautiful Andean landscapes, you will arrive at the archaeological site of Waqrapukara, an enclosure in the form of two huge horns that the Incas conquered. After enjoying a replenishing ‘box lunch’ we will return on foot to a point where tourist transport will wait. Finally, you will return to the city of Cusco in the late afternoon.
- The tour starts at 4 a.m. with the tourist pick up at the door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for 1 hour 30 minutes to the town of Acompayo in southern Cusco.
- In Acomayo each visitor will descend from the minivan to enjoy a typical breakfast of the area. Then the group will board the minivan again to go, after 1 hour of travel, to our starting point of the walk. The whole group, in the company of our tour guide, will go for almost 3 hours to the archaeological site of Waqrapukara. The route is not so difficult and you can enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the place such as: mountains, lagoons, wild animals, cultivated fields and more.
- Once in the Waqrapukara complex, our tour guide will give us an explanation of the importance of this place whose origins are in the Canchis culture and then be renewed and conquered by the Incas. The visitor will also have free time to appreciate the place and take their respective photos.
- Very close to the place we will have a replenishing ‘box lunch’ that will restore our energy to start the return journey on foot to the point where tourist transport is. On the way we will enjoy the beautiful landscapes always in the company of our tour guide.
- Then you will take the minivan again to return to the city of Cusco.
- We will return to Cusco at approximately 6.30 pm, at a point in the city center.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Entrance ticket to the Waqrapukara archaeological site.
- Complete comfortable and safe transport.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Walking sticks for the walk.
- Transport on horseback.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.