Tour to the archaeological site of Waqrapukara Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up between 4.30 am and 5.30 am at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 13 hours.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket to all sites.
- Type of transport: Spacious minivan full equipment.
- Feeding. Breakfast and lunch (box lunch).
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the activity (under penalty).
- Get to know one of the most recent tourist attractions of Cusco. The Waqrapukara archaeological site combines beautiful high Andean landscapes with impressive architecture. The tour includes everything you need to enjoy the trip without setbacks: round trip tourist transportation, breakfast, lunch, entrance to all the sites and the tour guide service. The trip includes a spectacular walk where you will appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the place. Take advantage now that not many visitors come to this incredible place.
This is the experience
- Enjoy the incredible archaeological site of Waqrapukara, one of the newest tourist destinations in Cusco. The trip begins at around 5 am with the trip in tourist transport to the south bound for the town of Cusipata where you will enjoy a local breakfast. Then you will go to the starting point of the walk (approximately 1 hour) along paths full of beautiful Andean landscapes, you will arrive at the archaeological site of Waqrapukara, an enclosure in the shape of two huge horns that the Incas conquered. After enjoying a replenishing box lunch, we will return on foot to a point where the tourist transport will wait. Finally, you will return to the city of Cusco at sunset.
Waqrapukara Full Day Tour
- The tour begins between 4:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel. The group will travel by minivan for 1 hour 30 minutes to the town of Cusipata in the south of Cusco.
- In Cusipata each visitor will descend from the minivan to enjoy a buffet breakfast made with local products. Afterwards, the group will board the minivan again to go, after a 2-hour trip, to our starting point for the walk in the town of Santa Lucía.
- The whole group, in the company of our tour guide, will walk for approximately 1 hour to the archaeological site of Waqrapukara. The route is not that difficult and you can enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the place such as: mountains, lagoons, wild animals, cultivated fields and more.
- Once in the Waqrapukara complex, our tour guide will give us an explanation of the importance of this place whose origins are in the Canchis culture to later be renewed and conquered by the Incas. The visitor will also have free time to appreciate the place and take their respective photos.
- Very close to the place we will have a replenishing box lunch that will restore our energy to start the return journey on foot to the point where the tourist transport is. On the way we will enjoy the beautiful landscapes always in the company of our tour guide.
- Then the minivan will be taken again to return to the city of Cusco.
- We will return to Cusco where the tour ends at approximately 6:30 pm, at a point in the center of the city.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Buffet breakfast.
- Box lunch.
- Entrance ticket to the Waqrapukara archaeological site.
- Comfortable and safe complete transportation.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option (under penalty).
- Transport on horseback.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes for trekking.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at some central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends in a central square in the city (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Waqrapukara Tour Gallery
Yes or yes, do you have to walk to get to Waqrapukara?
Yes. The tour includes a walk of approximately 3 hours through mountainous paths of great beauty. This walk is one of the best experiences that the visitor can have in Cusco, Peru.
Does the tour include breakfast and lunch?
Yes. The tour includes breakfast and lunch. Dinner is not included in the tour.
Can all people do this tour?
Yes. All people can do the route. If you come with children, it is preferred that they like outdoor walks. Seniors must be in good physical condition.
When is the best time to go?
Every day of the year is a good time to go to Waqrapukara. However, the dry season months are ideal because there is no rain and one can do the walk without problems. The dry season months run from April to October.