Tour to Machupicchu + Huayna Picchu 2 days All Inclusive
About this tour
- Start: At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 2 days.
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Lodging: Standard lodging in Aguas Calientes.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- They say that visiting Machu Picchu and not knowing Huayna Picchu is like not having gone. And they also say that the best way to make this visit is through a trip of 2 days 1 night. The tour offers a visit to a historical place and, in addition, a memorable walk full of history, beautiful landscapes and adrenaline. The trip includes everything you need to only worry about enjoying yourself: complete transportation by minivan, train and bus as well as the tour guide service, lodging in Aguas Calientes and the entrances to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
So is the experience
- Start the tour in the city of Cusco from there you will start the trip by minivan through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas until arriving at the town of Ollantaytambo. In this famous town we will board the train that will take us in approximately 2 hours to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes). There we will have time to get to know the town, visit the thermal baths (optional), have dinner and spend the night in a local lodging. The next day we will have breakfast very early to board the buses that will take us to Machu Picchu in 30 minutes. You will patiently tour the Inca city with a professional tour guide. Then you will tour the famous Huayna Picchu mountain on your own. After two hours of walking, You will return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and have free time to have lunch and get to know this magical town a little. Finally, at the scheduled time, you must board your train to make the return trip to the city of Cusco.
- Start the tour with the tourist pick-up at the door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes until arriving at the town of Ollantaytambo. During the route the tourist will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- In the town of Ollantaytambo we will board the tourist train service ‘Expedition’ in the direction of Aguas Calientes. The trip lasts almost 2 hours.
- Once in Aguas Calientes our assistant will wait for you to transfer you to your accommodation. Afterwards, you can explore this magical town full of restaurants, cafes, and craft shops on your own. Optionally you can visit the thermal baths of the place.
- In the evening we will have dinner at a local restaurant. In addition, our tour guide will give you a brief talk about visiting Machu Picchu the next day.
- The next morning you should wake up very early to have breakfast in the hotel’s dining room. Then together with the whole group we will board one of the tourist buses that in just 30 minutes will take us to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There you will meet your tour guide so that everyone can enter the Inca wonder together.
- We will have all the morning to patiently tour the main buildings of Machu Picchu, always in the company of your tour guide. On the way you will have time to take the classic photos in Machu Picchu, including the classic postcard photo.
- Then, your guide will direct you to the entrance door to the Huayna Picchu mountain where you must show your ticket and tour the mountain for approximately 2 hours. At the top you can take spectacular photos of the whole place. At the time indicated by the guide, they should leave Machu Picchu and take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In Machu Picchu town, all tourists will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and visit this magical place, famous for its streets without cars, its huge mountains, mighty rivers and hectic life full of tourism.
- At the scheduled time, you must board your tourist train ‘Expedition’ back to the town of Ollantaytambo. There, they will also have to board the minivan that will finally return them to the city of Cusco.
- End of the tour in one of the central squares of the city (close to most hotels and tourist restaurants).
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation by minivan from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Transport by ‘Expedition’ tourist train.
- 1 night of lodging in Aguas Calientes.
- Dinner at a local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast in the hotel dining room.
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish (shared service).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Huayna Picchu mountain dangerous?
No. The mountain has demanding but totally safe roads. It is recommended to have an acceptable physical condition.
Can I book the tour a few days before?
The tour must be booked with an estimated anticipation of 2 to 4 months in advance. Otherwise, you may not find availability for the tour.
Can I visit the famous Temple of the Moon?
Yes. The Huayna Picchu mountain runs
Are there restrictions to visit the Huayna Picchu mountain?
Yes. People under 12 years of age cannot enter the mountain. Adults over 65 years of age must be in good physical condition. It is recommended to consult with your doctor before the visit.