Tour to Machupicchu + Huayna Picchu Full Day with All Inclusive
- Make one of the most famous adventures among tourists who travel to Machu Picchu. It is about the hike to the top of the Huayna Picchu mountain, a route full of history, beautiful landscapes and adrenaline. The one-day trip that includes everything you need to just worry about enjoying: full transportation by minivan, train and bus as well as the tour guide service and the entrances to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. After the tour you will understand why tourists say that visiting Machu Picchu and not knowing Huayna Picchu is like not having gone.
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Free cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the activity.
So is the experience
- The tour begins in the city of Cusco from the long journey by minivan and train to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes). There, a short bus trip is made until finally reaching Machu Picchu. You will tour in approximately 2 hours the Inca city with a professional tour guide. Then you will travel on your own the famous Huayna Picchu mountain. After two hours of walking, you will return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and you will have free time to have lunch and get to know this magical town a little. Finally, at the scheduled time, you must board your train to make the return trip to the city of Cusco.
- Start the tour with the pick up of the tourist at the same door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes until arriving at the town of Ollantaytambo, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- In Ollantaytambo we will board the ‘Expedition’ tourist train service in the direction of Aguas Calientes. The trip lasts almost 2 hours in which you can appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
- Once in Aguas Calientes you must take one of the tourist buses that in just 30 minutes will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There you will meet your tour guide so that everyone can enter the Inca wonder together.
- For a little over 2 hours you will visit the main constructions of Machu Picchu, always in the company of your tour guide. Along the way you will have time to take the classic photos in Machu Picchu, including the classic postcard photo.
- Then, your guide will direct you to the entrance gate to the Huayna Picchu mountain where you must show your ticket and travel the mountain for approximately 2 hours. At the top you can take spectacular photos of the whole place.
- At the time indicated by the guide, they must leave Machu Picchu and take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In Aguas Calientes all tourists will have free time for lunch (not included in the tour) and tour this magical place, famous for its streets without cars, its huge mountains, rushing rivers and hectic life full of tourism.
- At the scheduled time, you must board your ‘Expedition’ tourist train back to the town of Ollantaytambo. There, they must also board the minivan that will finally return them to the city of Cusco.
- End of the tour in one of the central squares of the city (close to most tourist hotels and restaurants).
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation by minivan from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Transport by ‘Expedition’ tourist train.
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish (shared service).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.