Machu Picchu Tour by bus for Peruvians 2 Days
About this tour
- Start: Between 8 and 8.15 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 2 days.
- Transport service: Large fully equipped minivan.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Feeding. Lunch and dinner on day 1 (in a tourist restaurant). Breakfast on day 2 (in hotel).
- Tour guide: Group service in English and Spanish.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Cancellation and date change option
- The cheapest route to Machu Picchu is definitely the 2-day tour through Hidroeléctrica. This tour includes the famous trip from Cusco to the Hydroelectric station passing through fabulous mountainous landscapes and the Cusco jungle. After a trip of approximately 5 hours, the popular walk from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes (2 hours) is carried out. There you spend the night for the second day to dedicate yourself to knowing Machu Picchu, the wonder of the world. The return is also by the route to Hidroeléctrica. The tour is in an all-inclusive service.
This is the experience
- The 2-day Machu Picchu hydroelectric tour is a service that includes: pick up from the tourist’s hotel, full transportation in a spacious minivan, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, one night at a hotel in Aguas Calientes, full tour guide service and entrance to Machu Picchu. The tour begins with the pick up and transfer to the Hydroelectric. It is considered one of the most economical and adventurous tours towards Machu Picchu.
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist from the door of his hotel between 8 and 8.15 am.
- After the whole group boards the minivan, we will leave for the town of Ollantaytambo passing through beautiful mountainous landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- There in Ollantaytambo, after 1 hour 40 minutes of travel, we will make a stop for tourists to do last-minute shopping or go to the restrooms.
- The route continues aboard the minivan ascending to the Málaga pass (4,200 masl) with views of high snow-capped peaks. The journey now continues downhill towards the jungle of Cusco. We will be able to appreciate landscapes of green mountainous forests. The route in total takes 5 hours. The last stop is at the Hydroelectric station in the province of La Convención.
- At the Hydroelectric station we will enjoy a delicious lunch at a local tourist restaurant. After lunch we will make the famous 2-hour walk (10 kilometers) along flat roads surrounded by coarse vegetation until we arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes in the late afternoon.
- In Aguas Calientes an assistant will wait for us at the agreed point to transfer us to our hotel. If necessary (due to the lack of availability), we can buy our entrance to Machu Picchu right there. However, the visit will be made the next day.
- At night we will enjoy dinner in a tourist restaurant in the town of Aguas Calientes. There the guide will give you some tips on the next day when you visit the wonder of the world.
- On the second day of the tour we will wake up early to have breakfast at the hotel in Aguas Calientes. Then we will begin to walk for almost 2 hours that leads to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. Optionally, the tourist can buy the bus ticket to Machu Picchu right there (30 minutes of travel).
- At the entrance gate of Machu Picchu the group will meet. All together will enter Machu Picchu accompanied by the tour guide. The chosen circuit will be 2, the most recommended as it includes a visit to most of the Inca constructions. It also offers the possibility of taking the classic postcard photo.
- After a journey of approximately 2 hours 30 minutes, it is time to leave Machu Picchu to hike to the Hydroelectric station (2 hour walk on average). Optionally we can take a tourist train (30 minute trip). However, this last service is not included in the tour.
- At around 2:30 pm, the group must be together at the Hidroeléctrica to leave for the city of Cusco. Before we can make a stop for lunch (not included in the tour). Before 3 pm the transport will depart back to the city of Cusco. The journey takes 5 hours through the beautiful landscapes of the jungle of Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- We will arrive in the city of Cusco at around 8 pm. The tour culminates in a central square of the city or in the visitor’s tourist hotel in the center of the city.
Machu Picchu tour by bus for Peruvians
Price per person
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Tourist transport in minivan from Cusco to Hidroeléctrica (round trip).
- Group tour guide from start to finish (in Spanish or English).
- Entrance ticket Machupicchu Only.
- 1 lunch in a tourist restaurant in Hidroeléctrica.
- 1 dinner in a tourist restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 breakfast at a tourist hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 night in a hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Breakfast day 1 and lunch day 2.
- Consettur Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Hydroelectric train to Aguas Calientes.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring to the tour?
- Identity document (or passport).
- Hat or cap.
- Windbreaker jacket.
- Light clothing for Machu Picchu (sunny weather).
- Mosquito repellent.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Sturdy walking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist between 8 am and 8.15 am -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city of Cusco- (most tourist hotels are there). If the tourist’s hotel is not in the center of the city, a pick-up point will be agreed in a central square.
- The tour ends at approximately 8:30 pm in the center of the city of Cusco or at the door of the tourist’s hotel (if the hotel is in the center of the city).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or mountain sickness is common in Cusco since the city is located at 3,400 meters above sea level. The most common symptoms are headache, nausea, and fatigue. These symptoms usually subside within the first day or two of the visitor’s acclimatization.
- To prevent or reduce the symptoms of altitude sickness, it is recommended to drink hot water, especially coca tea. It is also recommended to avoid fatty foods and abuse alcoholic beverages, at least the first two days in Cusco.
Group or private services
- Are you interested in a 2-day private tour to Machu Picchu by Hidroeléctrica? Contact us at email@example.com and quote our rates.
1) Why choose the economic tour to Machu Picchu by bus 2 days?
The 2-day bus tour to Machu Picchu is one of the cheapest and most adventurous options to get to know the Inca citadel. The tour includes everything you need for the trip: pick up, transportation, guide, tickets, food and 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Take advantage of!
2) Is the tour dangerous?
The tour is not dangerous. However, for the care of tourists, this service can only be carried out from April to November, when the rains are not frequent in Cusco (heavy rains can cause rockslides on the route).
3) Are there tickets to Machu Picchu available for this tour?
The tour is subject to the availability of tickets to Machu Picchu. However, if there is no availability, there is always the possibility of buying the entrance to Machu Picchu in the same town of Aguas Calientes where there is wide availability.
4) What kind of transportation does the tour include?
The tour includes tourist transportation in a large minivan that covers the Cusco – Hidroeléctrica – Cusco route. The service is comfortable, clean and safe.
5) How is the hike from Hidroeléctrica to Machupicchu town?
The route from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) is one of the most famous in Cusco for its beautiful Andean landscapes. The walk is through simple flat paths and surrounded by wonderful landscapes of the high jungle of Cusco. It takes only 2 hours to complete it (10 kilometers).
6) Is the tour suitable for people of all ages?
Yes, the tour is suitable for people of any age, from children to seniors. An acclimatization to the city of Cusco of at least one or two days before is recommended.
7) How many people maximum does the tour have?
The tour is carried out with a group of 10 tourists maximum. This guarantees the best control and experience for each of the visitors.
8) Does the tour include buses from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu?
No, the tour does not include the Consettur bus ticket to complete the Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes route. Instead of this 30-minute trip, the tourist will take a 2-hour walk through incredible landscapes. Optionally, the tourist can buy bus tickets in the same town of Aguas Calientes without any problem.
9) How is the lodging in Aguas Calientes?
Lodging in the town of Aguas Calientes is a comfortable, clean service that includes a hot shower, comfortable facilities and what is necessary for a quiet night before visiting Machu Picchu.
10) Can I cancel the tour?
Yes, the tour can be canceled as long as it is requested (at firstname.lastname@example.org) up to 5 days in advance as the latest term. The penalty for cancellation of the tour is 50% of the value of the service (refund of 50% through the same means of payment that you used for payment). The refund will be made according to the term of the payment gateway (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.). It can take 1 month. Date changes are not allowed.