Lares Trek Tour 4 days with All Inclusive
- Visit Machu Picchu with the incredible four-day Lares Trek trek. This hiking route is a great alternative to the famous classic Inca Trail. The Lares Trek is recognized for being a cultural adventure since on the way we will find alpacas, llamas and people in their multi-colored suits. On the last day, after walking for approximately 37 kilometers, the visitor will appreciate all the beauty of the Inca city of Machu Picchu, after an incredible adventure that includes a visit to a traditional textile center and the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town ).
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
Team of porters with horse.
Camp 2 days and 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
In a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
At 4 in the morning on day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
So is the experience
- The route through Lares to Machu Picchu is a not so demanding trek compared to other popular treks such as the Inca Trail or the Salkantay Trek. It is characterized by the cultural experience on its way. The tourist will visit beautiful high Andean landscapes where he will learn more about the lifestyle of the population. The tour includes entrance, train, bus, tour guide, horses, muleteers, cooks, hotel, security equipment and more. The service is organized in detail. Furthermore, the visitor can benefit from constant communication with our assistants as well as secure payment and much more.
- A day before we will gather the group to meet and do a ‘briefing’ of what the adventure will be like.
- In the early hours of the day, we will pick you up from the door of your hotel to go by minivan to the town of Lares. Along the way we will meet the town of Calca as well as the characteristic fauna: llamas, alpacas and more.
- Once in Lares we will relax in the town’s thermal baths (water temperature between 28ºC and 34ºC).
- In Lares we will have a delicious lunch made with local products. Then we will get ready to start the walk.
- Together with our team of horses, muleteers and cooks we will walk for 4 hours to the town of Wacahuasi (3,750 masl).
- In Wacahuasi we will have free time to learn about ancient weaving techniques in a textile center. Then we will have dinner and rest in our camp.
- Breakfast will be ready early. Then we will start the 4-hour walk where we will see snow-capped mountains, lagoons, llamas, alpacas and more. Finally we will reach the highest part: Abra C’asa Pasa (4,500 masl).
- We will follow the descending route until we reach the Auroray lagoon where the team of cooks will have lunch ready.
- We will continue the walk through forests, lagoons and mountains until we reach the Pucara camp where, after dinner, we will rest.
- We will have breakfast in peace. Then we will continue walking until we reach the town of Yanahuara.
- In Yanahuara we will know its cultivation fields. Then we will continue our route until we reach Pachar where we will enjoy lunch and say goodbye to our team of chefs, muleteers and horses.
- Then we will continue our way to Ollantaytambo where we will take the train that will take us to Machu Picchu town.
- In Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town) an assistant will drive you to your hotel. Then you will have the afternoon free to visit the place or relax in the thermal baths (own expense).
- We have an early breakfast at the hotel and then head to the bus station that leaves every 5 minutes for Machu Picchu.
- In Machu Picchu you will visit the Inca archaeological sites with the tour guide. Then you will have free time in the Inca City.
- We will return on foot from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (downhill bus is optional). Then, you will have free time for lunch (not included in the tour) and make the last purchases before boarding the train back to Ollantaytambo.
- The train will take you back to the town of Ollantaytambo and from there an assistant will take you to the minivan that will return you to the city of Cusco (Historic Center) where the tour will end.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation to the start of the walk in Lares.
- Entrance to the thermal baths of Lares.
- Equipment for hiking.
- Camping equipment.
- Horsemen team with horse.
- Cooks team (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Train ‘Expedition’ Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Bus and train to return to Cusco.
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 4.
- Descent bus to Aguas Calientes on day 4.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Extra snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.