Tour to Machu Picchu in the afternoon Full Day with All InclusiveDay trips
About this tour
- Start: At 7 in the morning at the door of your hotel (end of the tour at approximately 10 pm).
- Tickets included (no queues): ‘Machu Picchu Only’ entrance ticket (includes classic photo).
- Duration: 15 hours.
- Transport type: Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo by Peru Rail ‘Bimodal’ bus.
- Train type: Peru Rail Expedition tourist service (optional Vistadome train).
- feeding: Optional buffet lunch (for extra payment).
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (private service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Make your visit to Machu Picchu in the most comfortable way. The tour to the wonder of the world in the afternoon includes everything you need for the visit: pick up, tickets, professional guide, tourist train, tourist bus and even the option of buffet lunch. Unlike the classic tour where the tour starts at an average of 4 am, the afternoon tour starts at 7 am. The visit to Machu Picchu is in the afternoon, when fewer visitors visit the archaeological site and one can visit with more freedom (and get better photos of Machupicchu). The tour is recommended for everyone!
This is the experience
- The tour begins at around 7 am with the pick up of the tourist at the door of his hotel in Cusco. In our tourist transport we will take you to the Wanchaq station. There begins the trip by Peru Rail Bimodal bus to Ollantaytambo. The train journey is in ‘Expedition’ tourist service. The final stop is Machupicchu town (free time for lunch). Then we will take the bus that takes us to Machu Picchu in 30 minutes at around 2 pm. The tour of Machupicchu takes 2 hours 30 minutes on average. In the afternoon there are fewer tourists, one is more free and with the opportunity to get better photographs. Finally, the return trip is made by the same outbound route (by bus and train to Cusco).
Machu Picchu Afternoon Full Day Tour
Andean Community (Peru, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador)
|With Expedition train||280 USD||260 USD||240 USD||250 USD||230 USD||230 USD|
|With Vistadome train||350 USD||330 USD||310 USD||320 USD||300 USD||300 USD|
- The tour begins with the pick-up from the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco at around 7 in the morning.
- In a tourist transport we will drive you to the Wanchaq station, located in the center of the city. There the tourist bus ‘Bimodal’ of Peru Rail will be boarded. The trip lasts almost 2 hours and crosses the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- At the Ollantaytambo station we will take the Peru Rail Expedition tourist train that includes large windows, tables, comfortable seats and service on board. The trip is through beautiful Andean landscapes and ends in the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town) after almost 2 hours of travel.
- In this magical place we will have free time of approximately 1 hour to have lunch (not included in the tour). Visitors who reserved the buffet lunch service will be able to enjoy a delicious lunch before visiting Machupicchu.
- Finally, you must board the tourist bus ‘Consettur’ that in just 30 minutes will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There the private tour guide will wait for you with whom you will enter the Inca citadel.
- The tour of the archaeological site takes 2 hours 30 minutes on average. It includes a visit to buildings such as the House of the Guardian (classic postcard photo in Machupicchu), the Temple of the Sun, the Main Temple, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Sacred Rock, the Water Mirrors, the Water Fountains and more.
- Leaving Machupicchu, we start the return trip by bus (30 minutes) to the town of Aguas Calientes. In this town we will have some free time (it is recommended to walk through the artisan market) until boarding the Expedition tourist train (for an additional cost you can travel by Vistadome train) at 6.20 pm.
- In Ollantaytambo we will transfer to a tourist bus that will take us to the city of Cusco. The tour ends with the transfer to our hotel at around 10:30 pm.
- Pick up from the hotel (in the center of the city of Cusco).
- Tourist transportation to Wanchaq station.
- Tourist transport (Peru Rail Bimodal service) from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (round trip).
- Transportation by tourist train ‘Expedition’ round trip (Vistadome for additional payment).
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (round trip).
- ‘Machu Picchu Only’ entrance tickets.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish (private service).
- For an extra cost buffet lunch (optional).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes for trekking.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). In case your hotel is not located there, the transport will pick you up in a central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends with the transfer from the Wanchaq station to the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco or in a central square if you wish.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- In Machupicchu it is not common to suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness since it is located at 2,430 masl. However, it is recommended to take soroche pills or simply drink plenty of water.
- In the city of Cusco you can suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness (especially the first two days) since it is located at 3,399 meters above sea level. It is recommended to avoid fatty foods. After the first two days, the body adapts to the altitude and the symptoms decrease.
Group or private services
- The tour is conducted in a private tour guide service. This enhances the visiting experience within the Machu Picchu archaeological site. Enjoy the wonder of the world in a well-organized service!
What is the difference between the classic Machu Picchu tour and the afternoon tour?
The classic tour visits Machu Picchu at approximately 9 am, when more tourists are in the Inca citadel. The afternoon tour visits at approximately 2 pm. At that time fewer tourists visit the Inca city and one can get better photos and an experience with greater freedom.
Can I cancel the tour? How much is the penalty?
Yes, the tour can be canceled by sending a request (last deadline 3 days before the tour) to email@example.com. The penalty is unique and amounts to 50% of the value of the tour (50% refund).
Why is it better to visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon?
Machu Picchu in the afternoon offers less chance of rain. In addition, there are fewer tourists touring the archaeological site, which allows you a more free experience. In the afternoon, the light allows for better photographs of Machu Picchu.
What type of train is included in the tour?
The tour includes Peru Rail’s Expedition train service in round-trip sections. These tourist services include the Bimodal bus transfer from the city of Cusco to Ollantaytambo. The train is boarded there.