Uros Floating Islands Tour in Puno Half Day
About this tour
- Start: At 3 different times (8.45 am / 11.45 am / 3.30 pm).
- Duration: Half day (3 to 4 hours).
- Type of transport: Tourist vehicle and tourist motor boat.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Lake Titicaca and the floating island of the Uros.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Tour guide: Native professional guide (in Spanish or English).
- Children under 5 years old do not pay an entrance ticket.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the floating island of the Uros, one of the most famous tourist attractions in Puno. This island is located 7 kilometers inland from the city of Puno (3,827 masl). It is famous for the cultural richness of its inhabitants who built the island with the reeds, an abundant aquatic plant in the lake. The tour allows you to learn about their traditions, customs and lifestyle. The service offers: pick up from the hotel, full tourist transportation (including transfer by motor boat), professional tour guide and entrance to all tourist attractions. The tour lasts between 3 to 4 hours and takes place at three different times: 8:45 am, 11:45 am and 3:30 pm.
This is the experience
- The tour offers three different times: 8.45 am / 11.45 am / 3.30 pm. The pick up is at the tourist’s hotel or in the Main Square (or city bus terminal). First, a short trip is made to the port where, in turn, motor boats are taken to the Uros island. There the visitor will learn how the floating island was built, the daily life of its inhabitants, their traditions and more. The views of Lake Titicaca from there are spectacular. At the time indicated by the tour guide, motor boats are boarded to return to the city of Puno. The tour concludes after 3 or 4 hours with the transfer to the tourist’s hotel.
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick up at their hotel (downtown area of the city), in the Main Square of Puno or at the bus terminal. Then the transport will take you to the port of Puno, where you board the motor boats heading to the Uros island.
- The trip offers beautiful landscapes of Lake Titicaca (3,812 masl), the highest navigable lake in the world. The trip lasts 30 minutes in which only 7 kilometers will be covered.
- Once on the Uros island we will disembark and we will be welcomed by the local people who will share their culture with us: lifestyle, festivities, crafts, fishing techniques and more.
- In the company of our tour guide, and together with the families that inhabit the island of the Uros, we will learn how the island was built. We will also have time to get beautiful photos with the landscape of Lake Titicaca.
- We will also descend to Lake Titicaca to optionally embark on the traditional boats made of reeds (approximately 20 minute journey). There we will arrive at its main square with restaurants, cafes and souvenir shops.
- After enjoying a cultural and memorable moment on the Uros island, we will get back on the motor boat to return to the city of Puno (30-minute transfer).
- In the port of Puno we will take the tourist transport that will take us back to the hotel in the city (or to the main square). The tour lasts between 3 to 4 hours.
Uros floating islands tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Floating islands of the Uros – All included||10 USD||10 USD|
- Pick up from the visitor’s hotel in Puno (in the tourist center of the city).
- Tourist transport to the port of Puno.
- Tourist transport by motor boat on Lake Titicaca.
- Professional tour guide (in Spanish or English).
- Entrance to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel in the city of Puno.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Ride in a reed boat on the Uros island.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Additional cash (for possible purchases).
- Passport or identity document.
- Comfortable clothes (it is recommended to wear a jacket).
- Photographic camera.
- Cap or hat.
- Raincoat in cases of rain (rains are more frequent from December to April).
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour to the floating island of the Uros begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel or in the main square of Puno at three different times: 8:45 am / 11:45 am / 3:30 pm.
- The tour concludes in the city of Puno at three possible times depending on the time you chose: 12 pm / 3 pm / 6 pm).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Lake Titicaca in the Puno region is located at 3,812 meters above sea level. At that altitude any tourist can feel some symptoms of altitude sickness. The most common are: fatigue, nausea and headache.
- The symptoms usually alleviate after one or two days of acclimatization in a high altitude city (such as Puno, Arequipa or Cusco). This is how the organism itself adapts to the high altitude geography. Likewise, it is recommended to avoid greasy foods. It is also recommended to drink hot infusions.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the tour to the Uros Island in half a day in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What tourist attractions include the tour to the floating island of the Uros?
The tour includes a visit to Lake Titicaca and the floating island of the Uros where the tourist will learn about the customs, traditions and daily life of the inhabitants of the island.
What are the tour hours? Which to choose?
The tour lasts between 3 to 4 hours. There are three available times to choose from: 8.45 am / 11.45 am / 3.30 pm. The best schedule is the one that suits the tourist’s itinerary. The most popular time is 3.30 pm.
Is the tour to the Uros island dangerous?
No, the tour is carried out in compliance with all security measures. Tourists travel across Lake Titicaca wearing life jackets. All tourists are safe.
Can I cancel the tour to the Uros island in Puno?
Yes, you can cancel the tour to the Uros floating island in Puno by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last deadline is up to five days before. The cancellation of the tour has a penalty of 25% of the total amount paid (75% refund).
Can I change the date or the owner of the tour to the Uros island in Puno?
Yes, you can change the date or the names of the people who will take the tour. You only have to send a request to the email email@example.com with a last term of 5 days. The penalty is 10% of the value of the tour (which must be paid through a payment link that you will receive in your email).
How can I pay for the tour to the Uros island in Puno?
To make the payment for the tour to the floating island of the Uros, you just have to click on ‘Book’. After that you must complete your personal information and make the payment with any credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
How much does the ride on the reed boat cost on the Uros island?
The inhabitants of the floating island of the Uros offer a ride in a traditional boat made of reeds. This service is not included in the tour. The cost is only 10 PEN.
Is the tour to the Uros island available throughout the year?
The tour is available every day of the year except in exceptional cases of protests or natural disasters.