How to go from Lima airport to Miraflores?
Jorge Chávez International Airport is the main route of entry for foreign tourists to the territory of Peru. The airport is located about 16 kilometers from Miraflores. This district offers the largest offer of tourist hotels, so most visitors decide to stay there. Learn how to get there, how much it costs and how to get to other parts of the city of Lima as well.
How to go from the Lima airport to the Miraflores district?
Jorge Chávez International Airport is located on Avenida Elmer Faucett s/n, in the province of El Callao.
The airport is 16 kilometers from the Miraflores district, the most touristy of Lima. If city traffic is taken into account, the trip can take 1 hour. Most tourists seek to reach this district as most of the city’s hotels and tourist lodgings are located there.
This is how you get to Miraflores from the airport:
- By taxi – The way more tourists come to Miraflores from the airport is through an ‘official’ taxi that operates inside the Jorge Chávez airport. Another option is to go out to the main avenue Elmer Faucett from where you can take any taxi. The cost of the service to Miraflores varies from 30 to 60 Peruvian soles.
- By taxi by application – In Lima there are taxi services by applications such as Uber, Beat or Cabify. The good thing is that the tourist can know in advance the cost of the service and the duration of the trip. The downside is that it requires a good internet connection. Although they are safe services, there are few cases of theft in taxis by applications. The cost of the service to Miraflores varies from 25 to 50 Peruvian soles.
- By public transport – Although it is not the most recommended option, it is possible to travel by public transport from the airport to Miraflores. For this you can take the buses of the companies ‘ Holding Express’ or ‘Aquarius Express‘ that circulate in Elmer Faucett avenue (in front of the main gate of the airport). The bus ticket costs 3 Peruvian soles on average. In case you carry a lot of luggage or valuables with you, it is definitely not the best option.
- On the official airport bus – Lima airport has an official bus service called ‘Airport Express’ that covers the route’ Airport – Miraflores – San Isidro ‘. The buses are spacious. They have space for luggage, capacity for 40 seats as well as free Wi-Fi, informational TV and security. The cost of the service is 8 dollars per person (about 30 soles approximately). You can buy the ticket online or at the airport. Buses leave every 30 minutes from the front door.
- In a private vehicle – If you have a private vehicle, things are simpler. The trip to Miraflores should only follow the route: Elmer Faucett avenue, La Marina avenue, Javier Prado Oeste avenue and Arequipa avenue. Of course, keep in mind that the cost of parking inside the airport is 7 Peruvian soles per hour or fraction.
The prices for transportation from Lima airport to Miraflores are as follows:
From the airport to Miraflores
Price in dollars (USD)
Price in soles (S /.)
|In taxi||13 USD||45 S/.|
|By taxi by application||11 USD||38 S/.|
|By public transport||1 USD||3 S/.|
|By official airport bus||8 USD||30 S/.|
|By private vehicle||2 USD*||7 S/.*|
How to go from the airport to other districts of Lima?
Lima has other tourist districts such as San Isidro, Barranco, Cercado de Lima and Surco:
- From the airport to San Isidro – A taxi service can cost 60 Peruvian soles. The journey is 15 kilometers (1 hour of travel on average depending on traffic). You can also hire the ‘official airport bus’ service (for 38 Peruvian soles).
- From the airport to Barranco – A taxi service can cost you 70 Peruvian soles. The journey is 20 kilometers (1 hour of travel on average depending on traffic).
- From the airport to Cercado de Lima – A taxi service can cost 50 Peruvian soles. The journey is only 10 kilometers (1 hour of travel on average due to the high traffic of the place).
- From the airport to Surco – A taxi service can cost you 70 Peruvian soles. The journey is 31 kilometers (1 hour of travel on average depending on traffic).
Tips and more information
To go from the Jorge Chávez airport to another district of Lima, the Southern Cone, Northern Cone or Eastern Lima, a good idea is to take a taxi (or private transport) that runs along the corridor of the ‘Yellow Line’ (tunnel of 1.8 kilometers built under the Rímac River). The cost of the toll to circulate on this fast road is approximately 6 Peruvian soles.
You do not know which taxi offers a safe service and which taxi does not. So a good option is to take one of the official taxi companies that are inside the airport. These are the companies ‘Taxi 365’ or ‘Taxi Directo’. The prices of the trip to Miraflores may be a little more expensive than normal but they are safe services.
Miraflores is a tourist destination with a diversity of hotels and good quality restaurants. Don’t you know where your hotel is located? The most touristic spots are Larcomar, La Paz Avenue and José Pardo Street. In the vicinity of these avenues are the most tourist hotels of the place. The ‘official airport bus’ service makes a stop at these sites.
During your visit to Miraflores you cannot miss la huaca Pucllana, one of the best preserved archaeological sites in Lima. You can also visit the Larcomar shopping center that offers a modern infrastructure and beautiful views in front of the sea. This district of Lima is one of the safest in the city.
By Machupicchu Terra – Last updated, August 9, 2021